Welcome to First Impression Friday! This meme is created by Joe at JW Martin – Storeys of Stories. The rules are:
• Based on this sampling of your current read, give a few impressions and predict what you’ll think by the end.
• Did you think you’d love and ended up hating it? Or did you think you’d hate it and wound up loving it? Or were you exactly right?
• Link back to Storeys of Stories so everyone can enjoy reading all the First Impression Fridays out there! Continue reading
First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words. What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its author or its prestige, we judged it by its opening lines?
- Pick a book off your shelf (it could be your current read or on your TBR) and open to the first page
- Copy the first few lines, but don’t give anything else about the book away just yet – you need to hook the reader first
- Finally… reveal the book!
In my Book Spotlight piece I will be bringing you an upcoming release and/or cover reveal. These books are ones I am excited about whether they are from a new or an established author. This week we have an upcoming anthology of witchy tales! Continue reading
Welcome again to Down the TBR Hole! This meme came from Lost in a Story. All book descriptions taken from Goodreads.
Current TBR Total: 136
It works like this:
- Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week they provide a topic and you are free to use that topic and/or variations of that topic to make your top ten list. You don’t have to do all ten. Instead you can do three, five, fifteen, whatever you want. A full list of the weekly themes can be found here. Continue reading
Rules of Music Mondays: Every Monday share a few songs you’ve been enjoying lately. It doesn’t have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites – just something you’d like to share with others. If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s). Meme by Drew @ The Tattooed Book Geek. Continue reading
In my Book Spotlight piece I will be bringing you an upcoming release and/or cover reveal. These books are ones I am excited about whether they are from a new or an established author. This week we have the newly revealed covers for the conclusion of Sarah J. Maas’s Throne of Glass series, Kingdom of Ash! Continue reading