After last night’s horrifying Super Bowl disappointment, I wanted to do something this morning to perk myself up. I was lucky enough to be nominated for The Mystery Blogger Award by two wonderful folks. Thank you Allie of Often Off Topic and Kourtni at Kourtni Reads! The award was created by Okoto Enigma.
Here are the rules for The Mystery Blogger Award:
– Put the award logo/image on your blog
– List the rules.
– Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
– Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
– Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
– You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
– Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
– Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
– Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Myself
1. I have an unhealthy obsession for binge watching TV shows. I plowed through all 11 seasons of Supernatural currently on Netflix. I’ve been through the entirety of the Jeremy, James, and Richard era of Top Gear multiple times. I am currently plowing my way through Gilmore Girls. Once I start I just can’t seem to stop. It’s bad.
2. I am completely and utterly antisocial. I hate going out. Going out means putting on something besides my super comfy sweat pants. It means ignoring my box of wine in the fridge (don’t judge me). It means making face-to-face conversation. I can type all day but man I hate talking.
3. I love American football. There are Baltimore Ravens themed items all around my house. My favorite water glass is a Ravens stein. The banner over the door into my daughter’s play room says Ravens Ave. Sundays you can bet your bippy there is a game on my television. I ❤ football.
I’ll start with the questions from Often Off Topic:
1 – How long did it take you to come up with your blog’s name?
I actually originally had this blog under a different name run through Google’s blogger. At the time I called it Read.Laugh.Love. When I decided to change platforms early in 2016 I wanted to change the name as well. The current name just suited my personality better.
2 – What was the last movie you gave up on and didn’t finish?
Hm. This one is a little tough. I don’t watch a ton of movies although I do have an unhealthy obsession for binge watching TV shows. I’m pretty sure the last movie I started and didn’t finish was James Bond’s Spectre. I love Daniel Craig as Bond but other things got in the way and I never finished it.
3 – What’s your favourite Disney song?
I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite but the one that sticks with me most is Let it Go from Frozen. My daughter LOVES that movie so I’ve heard the song enough to sing it in my sleep. Another one would be Poor Unfortunate Soul from The Little Mermaid.
4 – Who’s your biggest movie crush right now?
Like I said, I don’t watch a lot of movies. I wouldn’t be able to pick Ryan Gosling out of a lineup. But, there are a couple that spark my interest: Jason Momoa, Johnny Depp, and Daniel Craig come to mind.
5 – Do you have any tattoos? If not, what would you get?
I don’t currently have any due to an apocalyptic fear of needles. If I did get one it would be my daughter’s name and birthday on the inside of my left wrist. Not that I’ve thought about it or anything.
Questions from Kourtni Reads:
1 – What is your favorite book that you’ve read so far this year?
Another opportunity to talk about my favorite book of 2017 so far? Don’t mind if I do! I absolutely loved A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. The world Schwab crafted is vivid and entertaining, her characters have depth and strength, and the story itself just sucks you in.
2 – If you had to choose one genre to never read again, what would you choose?
This one requires absolutely zero thought. If I had to choose, I would never read a romance novel again. Sure, every now and then I enjoy a bit of smutty nonsense but I could happily live my life without it.
3 – What is a popular book you read and didn’t like?
Too easy. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I have no clue why this is a popular book. None. I hated it. I hated it so much that when I wrote the review I didn’t even bother to look up the correct names for the characters. To this day I am livid that I spent good money on it.
4 – What book would you make required reading for everyone?
1984 by George Orwell. I won’t start lecturing on it but if you haven’t read it you should pick it up. I feel that the story really speaks to the direction the world is currently going.
5 – Sum up your thoughts about books in one gif/picture.
I’m certainly not going to nominate 10-20 people as the rules request, but I would like to nominate a couple of folks whose blogs I thoroughly enjoy. (Please do not feel in any way obligated to do this)
1 – You have to be stuck in a single book’s world for the rest of your life. What book do you choose and why?
2 – You may only interact with one fictional character for the coming year. Who do you choose and why?
3 – What is one book that you’ve read that you would like to completely wipe from your memory?
4 – If you had the opportunity to sit down with any author, living or dead, for an hour and ask anything you’d like, who would it be?
5 – Weird – What are your favorite taco toppings?
Share a Link to your Best Post
I’m not certain it is my best post but it has been my favorite book this year, so here you go.
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab