Another month bites the dust. I feel like the older I get the more quickly time seems to pass. I was not as productive this month in my reading as I would have liked having only read four books. I feel like my DNF pile for March is bigger than my read pile (which isn’t true, just feels that way) which is a bit depressing. Hoping to do more in April.
Read and Reviewed
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab – The conclusion to V.E. Schwab’s Shades of Magic trilogy. I think she wrapped it all up very nicely though the book did drag on a bit. 4/5
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon – This is the third book in Shannon’s The Bone Season series. I had been waiting for it to be released for two years and it was well worth the wait. The best in the series so far and my first autographed book. 5/5
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown – I picked this one up out of curiosity and wasn’t entirely sure what to expect as the book and it’s trilogy have a lot of hype around them. But, I loved it. Well written, good story, just a little tough getting through the first chapters. 5/5
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer – Another book with a ton of hype and huge following. I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I would be. The story and characters felt hollow. 3/5
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab – Picked this one up by Schwab as I had loved her Shades of Magic books so much. I didn’t even make it half way. Nothing against the story, it was well written, just not for me.
- Midnight Riot by Ben Aaronovitch – This one had been recommended to me by several Redditors on the /r/52book board. Got about 3/4 of the way through and bailed. There was a story in there somewhere but it was too shallow to keep going.
I am currently reading The Masked City by Genevieve Cogman. This is the second book in her The Invisible Library series. I previously reviewed the first one, titled The Invisible Library, and you can find my review here and it’s Goodreads page here.
What were you reading this month? Any books you would recommend for to me for as an upcoming read?