WHAT IS THE LIEBSTER AWARD?
The Liebster Award is all about building out the book blogging community. Specifically, it’s a way to highlight newer blogs that don’t necessarily have a large following yet (less than 200). You get to discover hidden gems of blogs, make new book blog friends and learn more about the bloggers you already follow!
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you
Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it.
I want to thank Sandra @ Reading Through the Nights for nominating me for this! She and Swetlana have a wonderful blog over there and you should check it out if you haven’t already.
- If you could be a character in any book/tv show/movie who would it be and why?
Off the top of my head I would have to say Black Widow. I mean really, she is a bad ass, butt kicking, intelligent, and strong woman.
- What book has affected you the most, in terms of, has it changed how you see things in life? Has it stayed with you?
This one has been a little tough. I don’t necessarily have a book I’ve read that fits all of these terms, but, the closest is Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore. It is my go-to book in times of need. Reading it calms my mind and makes me feel more capable of tackling what lies ahead.
- If you could go to the past or the future, what would you choose and why?
Most definitely I would go to the past. I have an absolute love and near obsession with ancient cultures, 18th dynasty Egypt most of all. I could spout facts at you most of the day regarding pharaohs in that dynasty.
- Which author is your favorite at the moment?
Currently I would have to say Samantha Shannon but it does change from time to time. Her The Bone Season series (The Bone Season, The Mime Order, and The Song Rising) is wonderful.
- What album have you really enjoyed recently?
I haven’t listened to any specific album recently but I do have a playlist that I turn on pretty often. Some of the songs on it are Devour by Shinedown, Mz. Hyde by Halestorm, Blurry by Puddle of Mudd, and Fake It by Seether.
- List 5 things that make you happy.
I’m going to do things outside of reading for my list.
A) My little girl. She is 3.
B) My cat Pogo
C) A good meal I didn’t cook myself and have no part in the washing of the dishes
D) All green lights on the road
E) A good night’s sleep at the end of the day
- What got you into reading?
One of my earliest memories is my mother reading to me at the end of the day. She would read me all sorts of books, not just children’s books. The one I remember most is Searching for Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede. The love of reading stuck with me.
- If you could have any supernatural power, what would it be?
I would want the ability to influence people’s minds. I’m not above a bit of personal gain, I’d probably use it to get some of my debts cleared. I would also like to think I’d use it to try and solve issues influencing the world right now. I’ll leave it at that so that I don’t go on a political rant.
- What book have you recently read that you enjoyed more than you thought you would?
I really didn’t expect to enjoy Red Rising by Pierce Brown as much as I did. It is such a hyped book and I typically don’t have good experiences with those. I was immensely pleased with that read, though, and am very glad I gave it chance. I’ll continue on with that trilogy at some point.
- What are you currently reading?
I’m still working my way through The Masked City by Genevieve Cogman. It’s taking me a bit, not because it isn’t a good book because it is, but I’ve been wholly distracted by the warm weather. After being stuck inside for months because of the cold and high winds it’s wonderful to spend some time hiking with the dog or taking my girl to the playground.
- What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
- If you could live in any TV home, what would it be?
- What living person, other than family members, do you most admire?
- If you could find yourself living in the world of any book you’ve ever read, what would it be and why?
- What personally trait has gotten you into the most trouble?
- Someone is writing a biography of your life and asks you to give the book a title. What title do you give and why?
- If someone made a movie of your life would it be a comedy, drama, romance, action flick, or sci-fi?
- What do you consider to be your best accomplishment in life so far?
- If you were a Superhero what would your name be and what would your costume look like?
- If you could magically become any character from any book, what character/book do you choose and why?
I’m not going to specifically tag anyone, but, if you have under 200 followers and want to do this please feel free! I hope everyone has a spectacular day.