First, thank you to Nadwa @ Painfully Fictional for tagging me for The Happiness Tag! I always enjoy doing these tags as it gives your readers a sense of who you are outside of books and literature. It is just a fun way to bring the bookish community together.
LIST FIVE THINGS THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY
- A clean house– I never feel like I can get anything productive accomplished until my home is clean. I need the tidy and everything to be in it’s place.
- Snuggling my little girl as she is falling to sleep– I’m not usually much of a snuggler but I love to pull my little three year old in as she is falling to sleep. The soft sleepy sigh, the little wiggle to get really comfortable, and just knowing she feels safe enough to sleep all cuddled up with me. It’s a good feeling.
- A full tank of gas in the car– There has been more than one occasion in the last 10+ years that I have had to dig for change to put gas in the car to get to work. It’s a terrible feeling. When the tank is full and you don’t have to worry about it, that sure makes me happy.
- Spring flowers– For most of my life I have lived in cold, snowy areas. This winter the wind chill hit into the negatives (Fahrenheit) on more than one occasion and it was brutal. I think because of that I have a love of spring flowers. Those first tulips and hyacinths of the year let me know that warmer days are on the horizon.
- Family dinner- I love to sit down to a meal with my family when everyone enjoys what is on their plate. At dinnertime we sit together and, since we aren’t a chatty group, we typically watch a comedy special or something entertaining. It’s just nice to be together as a family eating a meal that I put together.
Alright, answering those made me feel old. Hah! Ten years ago the answers would have been more along the lines of, “going to the beach” or ” sleeping in.” The times, how they change. I also left reading out because, really, this is a blog about books. I feel like it is pretty obvious that reading makes me happy.
LIST FIVE SONGS THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY
I think that this section is going to be a little tougher. It depends on what kind of mood I’m in for a song to make me feel happy. Am I already in a decent mood? Then some pop music would elevate that. Do I have a case of the grumps? Some hard rock would help get rid of that black cloud. Let’s see what I come up with today!
- Adrenalize by In this Moment- Not exactly a song that most people would say can lift their mood but it always does the trick for me. It leaves me feeling powerful like I can conquer anything.
- Inside Out by Eve 6– I remember singing this as loudly as I could in the back seat of the car with my sister. We loved this song. Pretty sure it drove our mother nuts but it’s a happy memory that always leaves me feeling good.
- Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie– To be honest, the whole Ziggy Stardust album leaves me feeling good. Bowie was a musical genius.
- Basket Case by Green Day– I love Green Day. I got to go see them live with my dad a few years ago and it was really a lot of fun. That’s right, I had a blast with my dad. Basket Case is one of their most popular songs for a reason. It’s catchy, has an upbeat rhythm, and just leaves you boogieing in your seat.
- 3 AM by Matchbox Twenty– This is another one of those songs that I started listening to with my sister and it has stuck with me. Every time it comes on I can’t help but stop what I’m doing and sing along.
That was tougher than I thought it would be. I debated for a good ten minutes between Matchbox Twenty and Queen. Ended up picking 3 AM because I can sing along with it. Freddy Mercury had a wonderful voice but singing along with him never turns out well. I think for a song to really lift your spirits you need to be able to sing along with it and my voice just can’t hack Queen.
I’m not going to tag anyone specifically to do this but, please, feel free! Have a lovely day, everyone.