Hello Spring! I cannot explain how happy I was when the last of the snow finally melted and I could pull my flip flops out from the back of the closet. That reminds me that I need to paint my toes a properly springy color. I have a neon green that would be just the thing.
I didn’t do a March wrap up because at the beginning of April I went on a multiple week hiatus so I’m going to combine both March and April for this wrap up. I expect it may get a little long…
Top Ten Tuesday
Down the TBR Hole
First Line Fridays
Tags and Awards
- The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black (3/5)
- ARC Review | Legendary by Stephanie Garber (4/5)
- Heart of Iron (Heart of Iron #1) by Ashley Poston (3.5/5)
- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson (4/5)
- Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas (3.5/5)
- This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity #1) by Victoria Schwab – Mini review (4/5)
- Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King #1) by Tricia Levenseller (5/5)
- Daughter of the Siren Queen (Daughter of the Pirate King #2) by Tricia Levenseller (5/5, review pending)
- Daughter of the Siren Queen (Daughter of the Pirate King #2) by Tricia Levenseller
- Ruin of Stars (Mask of Shadows #2) by Linsey Miller (ARC)
- Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Wolf by Wolf (Wolf By Wolf #1) by Ryan Graudin
Digital or Audio
- Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
- Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas
- Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) by Sarah J. Maas
- The Falconer (The Falconer #1) by Elizabeth May
- The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare #1) by Lauren DeStefano
- Starswept (Starswept #1) by Mary Fan
As you can see I got on a bit of a Throne of Glass binge there for a bit. I was driving quite a bit, as in 5 hours a trip multiple times in April, so I listened to a great deal of that series in the last month. I just downloaded Empire of Storms and am going to get started on that one soon.
I have also decided that going forward I’m going to change up how I post. I was fairly adamant about doing Top Ten Tuesday and WWW Wednesday every week but you know what? I felt obligated to do those and it just wasn’t any fun anymore. Now, I’m only going to post what I want to post. If the TTT theme for the week sounds good, I’ll do it. If I’m not inspired, I just won’t. Simple. Or if life is getting hectic and I don’t have time I won’t feel bad about missing a little bit. Being excited about books and sharing that excitement shouldn’t be stressful.
Now, I think I’ve rambled on enough for now. This post has become far longer than I usually like to do them because my own attention span could fit into a teaspoon. So, thanks for joining me! Want to have a chat? You know where the comments are! Or find me on Twitter or Goodreads.
Have a happy, healthy, positive May.