What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
I was nominated by Amy @ The Little Book Nerds and want to give her a huge shout out. She has a lovely bookish blog that you should check out if you don’t already follow her.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
2.Answer the questions
3. Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
4. List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
Amy’s Questions for me
- Do you prefer to read Kindle or physical books?
I quite happily use both. When I am out of the house it is far more convenient to take my e-reader with me and many of us get our ARCs as e-files instead of hard copies. At the same time, there is nothing quite like the heft of a beloved physical copy in your hands.
- Have you tried audiobooks? If you have, what do you think of them?
With the right narrator, I love them! In the car? Audiobook. In the shower? Audiobook. Laying in the middle of the floor with chocolate cake? Audiobook. Convenient way to read while still getting other things done…like eating cake.
- Who’s a blogger you most aspire to? and why.
I aspire to be myself because that is all I can ask of anyone.
- Can you listen to music while reading? If you can what music do you mostly listen to?
I rarely listen to music while reading but when I do it is usually instrumental or classical. If the music has words it is very distracting from the book.
- If you could give the first half of 2018 a rating, what would you give it?
I’d give the first half of 2018 a 2/5 and that is being generous. It hasn’t been a fantastic year, which anyone can see if you only turn on the news.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I like getting my thoughts out there instead of letting them swim in my head and drive me crazy. I have also met some of the nicest people through blogging. Better friends with some of you folks than I am with IRL people.
- Have you been to any conventions?
Unfortunately, no. I see everyone getting ready for YALC and I am super jealous, not even going to lie. Would love to go to one of the conventions.
- If you could give your past self-advice about blogging what would you tell yourself?
Stop trying to force it. Write what you want to write, when you want to write it. This is supposed to be fun, not a chore.
- What time of the day do you normally read the most?
Don’t really have a time that I get the most reading done. My audiobooks mostly get done in the car, other books just whenever I need a few minutes of downtown which can be any time of day.
- How do you plan out your next blog post out?
Guys, I 100% wing this stuff. I don’t have a plan or an outline. Doing it that way works for me but I know it doesn’t work for everyone.
- How many completed posts does it take for you to say its a ‘good blogging day’?
Did I log in today? Did I make any sort of progress? Am I happy with that progress? Then it is a good blogging day. Simple.
- What book are you most proud of yourself for having finished?
- Do you enjoy book to movie/tv adaptations? If so which is you favorite?
- What author got you really hooked on reading?
- Show us your favorite book cover!
- What is a happy memory you relate to reading?
- If you could only read one author for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
- If you could wipe your memory of one book so that you could go back and read it for the first time again, which book would you choose?
- Do you have any long term bookish or blogging goals? Tell us about them!
- What is your absolute favorite food? You know, that food you could eat every day for the rest of your life and be perfectly happy with.
- You are at the zoo, what animal is on your “must visit” list?
- What is your happiest memory?