Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week they provide a topic and you are free to use that topic and/or variations of that topic to make your top ten list. You don’t have to do all ten. Instead you can do three, five, fifteen, whatever you want. A full list of the weekly themes can be found here.
Today’s theme is Popular Books that Lived Up to the Hype. Originally I wasn’t going to participate this week but I changed my mind. However, I am not going to follow my typical format where I usually have a few words to say about each of my choices. These are fairly popular books, you have probably at least heard of them so I don’t think my little smattering of narcissistic commentary is necessary.
- An Ember in the Ashes (Ember Quartet #1) by Sabaa Tahir
- Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King #1) by Tricia Levenseller
- Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer #1) by Laini Taylor
- ARC Review | Legendary (Caraval #2) by Stephanie Garber
- Golden Son (Red Rising #2) by Pierce Brown
- A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J Maas
These are all popular books that I threw 5 stars at without reservation. I scream their titles from rooftops and marvel lovingly at their covers whenever the opportunity presents itself. Each of these titles I wish I could go back and read again for the first time to experience that thrill and growing love all over again.