Let us all be honest with each other right now, all of our TBRs are completely out of control. There are books on books on books. You are drowning in books. You finish one and three more seem to pop up as if from nowhere. They multiply. It is like if you feed a stray cat then the next morning your entire yard is filled with hungry feline faces looking at you with disdain and expectation.
So, I decided to issue myself a challenge. I took stock of all the books I personally possess which includes physical copies, ebooks, and eARCs. Each month I am going to pick a book off of this list to read. If the mood strikes me, I’ll pick a second book, but at least one book a month will be struck from this TBR.
I’m sure throughout the year I’ll purchase more books and will add them to this list as they come. Before I started blogging I would have maybe one or two books owned that I hadn’t read yet. Since starting Literary Weaponry things have become a little out of control and it is time to get it under control before my TBR breaks me. Or falls over onto my foot and breaks a toe.
Without further ado, here is The List in no particular order.
- The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves #1) by Roshani Chokshi (Owl Crate)
A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies #1)(book donated to library)
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner
- A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes #3) by Sabaa Tahir
- Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1)
- Iron Gold (Red Rising #4) by Pierce Brown
- The Song of the Dead (Reign of the Fallen #2) by Sarah Glenn Marsh
- Bryant and May and the Burning Man (Bryant and May #12) by Christopher Fowler
- Wolf by Wolf (Wolf by Wolf #1) by Ryan Graudin
- Royal Bastards (Royal Bastards #1) by Andrew Shvarts
- Amber and Dusk (Amber and Dusk #1) by Lyra Selene (Owl Crate)
- Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers
- The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen
- The Hanged Man (Her Majesty’s Psychic Service #1) by P.N. Elrod
- Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy #1) by Kerstin Fier
- Enchantee by Gita Trelease
- Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy #2) by Laura Sebastian
- Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers #1) by Nicki Pau Preto (Owl Crate)
- The Witch of Willow Hall by Hester Fox
- Air Awakens (Air Awakens #1) by Elise Kova
- Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle #1) by Jay Kristoff
- Timekeeper (Timekeeper #1) by Tara Sim
- Malice (The Faithful and the Fallen #1) by John Gwynne
- The Queens Rising (The Queen’s Rising #1) by Rebecca Ross
- The Falconer (The Falconer #1) by Elizabeth May
- Olivia Twist by Lorie Langdon
- Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad #1) by Scott Reintgen (currently DNF @ 50%)
- Mayan Mendacity (Dr. Pimms, Intermillenial Slueth #2) by L.J.M. Own
- The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare #1) by Lauren DeStefano
- Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1) by Kiersten White
Cold Hearted Rake (The Ravenels #1) by Lisa Kleypas
- House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin. A Craig
Blood Heir (Blood Heir #1) by Amelie Wen Zhao (pulled from publication) A Dangerous Collaboration (Veronica Speedwell #4) by Deanna Raybourn (read, review not yet written)
- The Enchanted Sonata by Heather Dixon Wallwork
- The Mortal Word (The Invisible Library #5) by Genevieve Cogman
This list was originally compiled on February 2, 2019. I know this list and post will grow and change with time but I wanted somewhere to keep track of my unread books and hopefully inspire me to read more of them.
Anyone else feel overwhelmed by the unread books that are slowly overtaking all reasonable living space in your home? Send help. I may need a shovel soon.