Hello everyone! I was nominated for this tag by the wonderful Steff at Little Booky Nook. Steff is absolutely fabulous and I am blessed to know her.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about to do this tag
1. Why did you start blogging and why have you kept blogging?
In my personal life I didn’t have anyone I could talk to about books. I started my first book blog, pre Literary Weaponry, because I read a book that left me fuming and had no one to shout at about it. So I got on the internet and shouted about it and here we are probably eight years later!
2. What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
Reviews. And not just any old review, I very much love either writing a glowing review for a book I adored or a scathing, take no prisoners review of a book I hated. Either way, they make me happy.
3. What are your top 3 favourite blog posts?
Review | Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep #1) by Mira Grant – although this post has some typos (whoops) it takes me back to a book I enjoyed tremendously which is wonderful
Review | Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown – this review does have some spoilers but it reminds me of reading this book for the first time and what a damn joy it was
Struggles with Reading – I liked this one because I was upfront and completely honest about struggling to find happiness with reading for a time. As a book blogger and lover of books people assume that you want to read all of the time and sometimes that just isn’t the case.
4. What are some of your favourite things to do to relax?
Taking my dog for a walk. Just getting outside, soaking in some sunshine, getting some exercise, and seeing the happiness on my dogs face as he trots along just makes me feel calmer. And napping. Napping is such a great way to release tension and relax.
5. What are 3 of your favourite things?
My family, my pets, my books
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
Every time I get a comment I feel proud. “Look, someone actually read what you wrote and wanted to say something to you!” It is a pretty cool feeling.
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
BookTube but that is similar to blogging I suppose. I also love to watch the NFL (Go Ravens!) and run.
8. Describe your personality in 3 words?
Awkward, introverted, angry
9. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
- People who talk to you randomly, unprompted. Like walking through a store and someone feels compelled to speak to you for no reason. I hate that so much.
- It sends me into a rage when people leave their shopping carts in the middle of an aisle, thus blocking anyone else from getting by as they browse soup selections for twenty minutes. Just get out of the way! You wouldn’t stop your car in the middle of the road all willy-nilly.
- When some asshole decides to touch my child. “Oh! I was just admiring how pretty she is!” Fuck you, person. I will break your fingers if you try that again.
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I used to be in the marching band in high school. Oh yeah, that was me. Every Friday night I was out on the football field at half time, getting popcorn and candy wrappers thrown at me. Fun times, folks. Fun times.
I don’t normally tag people in these things but please, feel free to do it if the desire moves you! Tag me so I can check out your answers. Happy reading!