Welcome to my January Wrap Up for 2021. This month we have seen the US capitol be stormed by racist, violent, fear mongering, hateful, terrorists. We have seen the worst president in US history leave the White House to be replaced by the oldest sitting US president and the first female, non white Vice President, the common people make fools of wealthy investors in the stock exchange via Game Stop, and (on a more positive note) some truly amazing book releases.
This past month has really been a doozy. On top of everything else I also read the most books I ever have in a month with 9 and one DNF. For me, that is pretty remarkable and nearly twice what I normally read in a month. Another recent event is the relaunch of my BookTube channel! If you enjoy that type of content you can now find me on YouTube also listed as Literary Weaponry. I would love to see some of you there. Now, onto the wrap up!
All links take you to either my review of the book or to a post here on LW.
- Daughter of the Salt King (Salt Chasers #1) by A.S. Thornton 3/5 eARC
- Among the Beasts & Briars by Ashley Poston 4/5 owned, OwlCrate
- Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards #1) by Janella Angeles 1.5/5 owned, OwlCrate
- Fire (Graceling Realm #2) by Kristin Cashore DNF ebook, library loan
- The Song Rising (The Bone Season #3) by Samantha Shannon 3.5/5 reread owned
- The Dawn Chorus (The Bone Season #3.5) by Samantha Shannon 3/5 ebook, owned
- Fable (Fable #1) by Adrienne Young 3/5 ebook, library loan
- A Touch of Darkness (Hades and Persephone #1) by Scarlett St Clair 4/5 ebook, owned
- A Touch of Ruin (Hades and Persephone #2) by Scarlett St Clair 3/5 ebook, kindle unlimited
- A Game of Fate (Hades Saga #1) by Scarlett St Clair 4/5 ebook, kindle unlimited
Did I read a lot of books I love? No. But I read several that were pretty good as well as a reread of The Song Rising to prepare for The Mask Falling’s release.
- Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus #3) by Rick Riordan
- Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus #5) by Rick Riordan
- Silent in the Sanctuary (Lady Julia Grey Mysteries #2) by Deanna Raybourn
- We Free the Stars (Sands of Arawiya #2) by Hafsah Faizal
- The Mask Falling (The Bone Season #4) by Samantha Shannon
- A Vow so Bold and Deadly (Cursebreakers #3) by Brigid Kemmerer
- The Dawn Chorus (The Bone Season #3.5) by Samantha Shannon
- A Touch of Darkness (Hades and Persephone #1) by Scarlett St Clair
- Lore by Alexandra Bracken (OwlCrate)
- A Touch of Ruin (Hades and Persephone #2) by Scarlett St Clair
- A Game of Fate (Hades Saga #1) by Scarlett St Clair
- Malice by Heather Walter
- In the Ravenous Dark by A.M. Strickland
I got more books that I thought I did this month. I’m going to call it self-care and claim it as a win.
Posts (non review)
I didn’t want to make this a long winded post. If I talked about every book on this list we both would have been here all day.
While I read more books in January than I have any other month, ever, I didn’t read anything I absolutely loved. I hope to rectify that next month as I have a few books on my TBR that I think are sure to be winners. I hope you all have the happiest of reading!