Welcome again to Down the TBR Hole! This meme came from Lost in a Story. All book descriptions taken from Goodreads.
Current TBR Total: 136
It works like this:
- Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
Rules of Music Mondays: Every Monday share a few songs you’ve been enjoying lately. It doesn’t have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites – just something you’d like to share with others. If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s). Meme by Drew @ The Tattooed Book Geek Continue reading
Title: Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms #1) by Morgan Rhodes
Published: December 11th, 2012
Read as: Audio
Average Goodreads rating: 3.82
My rating: 3
In the three kingdoms of Mytica, magic has long been forgotten. And while hard-won peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest now simmers below the surface.
As the rulers of each kingdom grapple for power, the lives of their subjects are brutally transformed… and four key players, royals and rebels alike, find their fates forever intertwined. Cleo, Jonas, Lucia, and Magnus are caught in a dizzying world of treacherous betrayals, shocking murders, secret alliances, and even unforeseen love. Continue reading
First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words. What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its author or its prestige, we judged it by its opening lines?
- Pick a book off your shelf (it could be your current read or on your TBR) and open to the first page
- Copy the first few lines, but don’t give anything else about the book away just yet – you need to hook the reader first
- Finally… reveal the book!
Welcome to First Impression Friday! This meme is created by Joe at JW Martin – Storeys of Stories. The rules are:
• Based on this sampling of your current read, give a few impressions and predict what you’ll think by the end.
• Did you think you’d love and ended up hating it? Or did you think you’d hate it and wound up loving it? Or were you exactly right?
• Link back to Storeys of Stories so everyone can enjoy reading all the First Impression Fridays out there! Continue reading
I’ve spotted this tag at several blogs over the last few weeks and, though I wasn’t tagged, couldn’t help but to hop onto that train. It is a fun idea and some of the answers I’ve found floating around on this tag have made me laugh. The tag’s originator can be found here and I snagged the questions from Perfectly Tolerable. Continue reading
WWW Wednesday is a meme hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words and was formerly hosted by A Daily Rhythm. It is open for anyone to participate, even without a blog you can comment on Sam’s post with your own answers. It is a great way to share what you’ve been reading! All you have to do is answer three questions and share a link to your blog in the comments section of Sam’s blog. Continue reading