Published: October 20, 2020
Genre(s): fantasy, young adult, retelling
Read as: OwlCrate edition, owned
Rating: 4Continue reading
Published: August 2017 by Avon
Average Goodreads rating: 4.09
My rating: 4/5
When girl meets Duke, their marriage breaks all the rules…
Since his return from war, the Duke of Ashbury’s to-do list has been short and anything but sweet: brooding, glowering, menacing London ne’er-do-wells by night. Now there’s a new item on the list. He needs an heir—which means he needs a wife. When Emma Gladstone, a vicar’s daughter turned seamstress, appears in his library wearing a wedding gown, he decides on the spot that she’ll do.
His terms are simple:
– They will be husband and wife by night only.
– No lights, no kissing.
– No questions about his battle scars.
– Last, and most importantly… Once she’s pregnant with his heir, they need never share a bed again.
But Emma is no pushover. She has a few rules of her own:
– They will have dinner together every evening.
– With conversation.
– And unlimited teasing.
– Last, and most importantly… Once she’s seen the man beneath the scars, he can’t stop her from falling in love…
Stumbling my way toward happiness
Books, more books... and maybe other stuff too?
It's Lat's book review blog!
We're two moms who read and review books, work full time and have a dream of opening our own Indie Bookstore.
Book Reviews by Noelle