First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words. What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its author or its prestige, we judged it by its opening lines?
- Pick a book off your shelf (it could be your current read or on your TBR) and open to the first page
- Copy the first few lines, but don’t give anything else about the book away just yet – you need to hook the reader first
- Finally… reveal the book
My Book Spotlight piece is meant to bring attention to upcoming releases that I am excited for or past releases that I feel just didn’t get enough love. They can be from new authors, established ones, or anything in between. This week I have a book that I am VERY excited about. With the recent cover reveal I couldn’t wait to feature this book here on Literary Weaponry.
Title: Once & Future (Once & Future #1) by Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy
Published: March 26, 2019
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Read as: US hardcover
Average Goodreads rating: 3.68
My rating: 5
Title: The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy #2) by S.A. Chakraborty
Publisher: Harper Voyager
Published: January 22, 2019
Read as: Audio book from Audible
Average Goodreads rating: 4.51
My rating: 4
Welcome to First Impression Friday! This meme is created by Joe at JW Martin – Storeys of Stories. The rules are:
• Based on this sampling of your current read, give a few impressions and predict what you’ll think by the end.
• Did you think you’d love and ended up hating it? Or did you think you’d hate it and wound up loving it? Or were you exactly right?
• Link back to Storeys of Stories so everyone can enjoy reading all the First Impression Fridays out there!