Welcome to First Impression Friday! This meme is created by Joe at JW Martin – Storeys of Stories. The rules are:
• Based on this sampling of your current read, give a few impressions and predict what you’ll think by the end.
• Did you think you’d love and ended up hating it? Or did you think you’d hate it and wound up loving it? Or were you exactly right?
• Link back to Storeys of Stories so everyone can enjoy reading all the First Impression Fridays out there!
Title: Cold Hearted Rake (The Ravenals #1) by Lisa Kleypas
Published: October 25, 2017
Read as: ebook through Kindle
Average Goodreads rating: 3.81
My rating: 3
A twist of fate…
Title: A Curse so Dark and Lonely (A Curse so Dark and Lonely #1) by Brigid Kemmerer
Publisher: Bloomsbury YA
Published: January 29, 2019
Read as: US hardcover
Average Goodreads rating: 4.28
My rating: 5
First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words. What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its author or its prestige, we judged it by its opening lines?
- Pick a book off your shelf (it could be your current read or on your TBR) and open to the first page
- Copy the first few lines, but don’t give anything else about the book away just yet – you need to hook the reader first
- Finally… reveal the book
Welcome again to Down the TBR Hole! This meme came from Lost in a Story. All book descriptions taken from Goodreads.
Current TBR Total: 157
It works like this:
- Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
WWW Wednesday is a meme hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words and was formerly hosted by A Daily Rhythm. It is open for anyone to participate, even without a blog you can comment on Sam’s post with your own answers. It is a great way to share what you’ve been reading! All you have to do is answer three questions and share a link to your blog in the comments section of Sam’s blog.
I think it is obvious that I am a person that loves reading. Just look, I created an entire blog about it and devote hours a week to its upkeep on top of the time invested in reading. It is a joy I’ve had with me since I was a child and some of my fondest memories are from reading certain stories.