June was a bit of a hectic month for me which culminated in my taking an official hiatus starting on June 10th. I was house hunting on a deadline and the stress that accompanied that was enough that I had to set aside my reading and blogging for a time.Continue reading
First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words. What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its author or its prestige, we judged it by its opening lines?
- Pick a book off your shelf (it could be your current read or on your TBR) and open to the first page
- Copy the first few lines, but don’t give anything else about the book away just yet – you need to hook the reader first
- Finally… reveal the book!
Welcome again to Down the TBR Hole! This meme came from Lost in a Story. All book descriptions taken from Goodreads.
Current TBR Total: 151
It works like this:
- Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week they provide a topic and you are free to use that topic and/or variations of that topic to make your top ten list. You don’t have to do all ten. Instead you can do three, five, fifteen, whatever you want. A full list of the weekly themes can be found here. Continue reading
WWW Wednesday is a meme hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words and was formerly hosted by A Daily Rhythm. It is open for anyone to participate, even without a blog you can comment on Sam’s post with your own answers. It is a great way to share what you’ve been reading! All you have to do is answer three questions and share a link to your blog in the comments section of Sam’s blog. Continue reading
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Published: July 5th, 2016
Average Goodreads rating: 4.13
My rating: 4
There’s no such thing as safe in a city at war, a city overrun with monsters. In this dark urban fantasy from author Victoria Schwab, a young woman and a young man must choose whether to become heroes or villains—and friends or enemies—with the future of their home at stake. The first of two books. Continue reading
In my Book Spotlight piece I will be bringing you an upcoming release and/or cover reveal. These books are ones I am excited about whether they are from a new or an established author. This time we have the cover of the highly anticipated Vengeful by V.E. Schwab. Continue reading